2.01.2014

Clean Chips and Guacamole

So it's Superbowl Sunday and what else is on our minds besides football and SNACKS (confession: snacks and beer are my favorite part, no doubt)!?! No brews for me today since I'm working, but snacks? You bet. And here's my favorite clean, easy and quick snack to whip up when I'm craving something salty.

Ingredients: *This makes enough for 2-3 people

  • 1 ripe avocado
  • 2-3 Tbsp your favorite salsa
  • a squeeze of lime or lemon
  • 2 whole grain tortillas**
  • Salt
  • McCormicks Fiesta Citrus seasoning
  • oil in mister, or Pam

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Cut the tortillas into triangles (a pizza cutter is perfect for this) and lay them in a single layer on a baking pan. Spray the tortillas with oil and sprinkle with salt and McCormicks seasoning. I like this seasoning because its salt and preservative free so I can control the amount of salt I sprinkle on. You can sub your favorite taco seasoning or even chili powder! Bake the chips until lightly brown and a little crispy (they crisp more as they cool), about 7-8 minutes, but keep an eye on them after 6 minutes. To make the guacamole, just mash the avocado up, add salsa to taste and spritz with lime or lemon juice for a little zing!

**These are my new favorite tortillas! Tumaro's brand "Ancient Grain" flavor. For two tortillas, its only 120 calories and you get 10g of protein! I found these at Wegmans (I'm in Western New York). 

No comments:

Post a Comment