3.05.2014

Eggs-n-Oats

The foundation of a healthy clean eating breakfast is a wholesome carb paired with a protein. I'm sure most of you can relate when I say I just don't have the time to cook oatmeal and eggs and then proceed to sit down and eat said oats and eggs!! So here's a little combo dish. Its as easy as microwaved oatmeal but it includes the eggs right in the same bowl. Don't be weirded out, its totally awesome and you don't taste the eggs!

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 C quick oats
  • 1 C water
  • 1/2 C egg whites from a carton or 3 egg whites
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • Stevia to taste (optional), I used one packet of Truvia
  • optional: 1/2 chopped apple, maple syrup (if you don't use stevia), chopped walnuts
Pour the oats, water, egg whites, cinnamon and stevia in a bowl. Microwave for one minute. Add the apple if you are using it and stir. Microwave another minute. Stir again. Continue to microwave in 30 second spurts, stirring in between until the desired fluffiness is achieved. (I usually go 2 rounds of 30 seconds). Add additional toppings now, and feel free to get creative (above I used pomegranate seeds)!

No comments:

Post a Comment