1.23.2014

Working out the kinks...





So I just discovered the best thing that has happened to me since I've been working out consistently this past 6 months. It was the best $3 I could have possibly spent!!! Who would have thought a LACROSSE BALL could make me this happy!??



I love Tony Horton and am crazy about the P90X3 workout that I have been following this past month, but there has been quite a few push ups and pull ups (yes, on a pull up bar!!!) happening and my back is very prone to knotting up.  I have almost consistently had knots beneath my scapulas (shoulder blades) and being single, I haven't had anyone around to help work them out (alright, one point for the usefulness of men;))! Upon the suggestion from some athlete friends of mine, I invested in a Lacrosse ball and I am soooooo glad I did!







Just put the ball between you and a firm surface (wall, floor, or even a sturdy couch or chair) and slowly move the ball around your back until you find the spot that sends you through the roof! Then take some deep breaths and SLOWLY move the ball around that area. Yes, its supposed to hurt! That means you are separating the muscle from the tissues and loosening the build up of lactic acid that causes the knots we feel. Loosening the knots allows us to regain range of motion, resume normal activity and allow for the muscles to rebuild (aka, see results!) so its worth the temporary pain! Do yourself a favor if you are lifting weights or doing any activity causing muscle soreness and grab yourself a Lacrosse ball and start rolling!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment