5.01.2014

5-Minute Raspberry Chia Seed Jam

I just discovered jam mixed with greek yogurt for a low sugar, eat clean snack that my son can enjoy (sweet enough) and I can share with him (not too much sugar). It's a winner! 1 Cup nonfat plain greek yogurt + 1-2 Tbsp whole fruit jam is my new, errr, jam. For real though, it's awesome. :)

We are going to be whipping through jam in this house now, so I was looking for a less expensive version and I came across this recipe that I've tried before and honestly LOVED. Chia seeds are a superfood and you can get frozen raspberries fairly inexpensive. You don't notice the chia seeds in this since they resemble the raspberry seeds! Give it a try, I think you'll be happy you did! This recipe came from Happy Healthy Mama (love her)!

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups raspberry (if using frozen, defrost first)
  • 2 tablespoons chia seeds
  • 2 tablespoons warm water
  • 2-4 tablespoons honey (preferably raw)
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
Put all the ingredients (start with 2 Tbsp honey) in a food processor and blend. Leave chunky if you like that texture, blend longer if you'd like it smoother. Add more honey to taste if necessary. Put into a jar with a lid and refrigerate 1 hour before serving. Keeps for a week in the fridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment