12.20.2013

Breakfast Oatmeal Bake

We are having a lazy morning here! Fridays are our day to relax together and we usually stay in our jammies until the afternoon! I was in the mood to do some baking and since I haven't gone shopping in awhile, I was left with frozen food and pantry staples to work with. I've been eyeing this baked oatmeal recipe for awhile and luckily I could use all frozen fruits!

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup of old fashioned oats
  • 1/4 c chopped walnuts, divided
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 3/4 tsp cinnamon
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1 cup milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
  • 1/4 cup maple syrup (use the real stuff!!)
  • 1 egg lightly beaten
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 tbsp melted and slightly cooled butter (I used Earth Balance)
  • 2-3 bananas (mine were frozen since I peel and freeze all my ripe bananas that I won't eat in time, and they worked just great!)
  • 1 cup of frozen berries, I used blueberries
Preheat oven to 375 and grease a 1 1/2 or 2 qt baking dish.

Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl (cute mini helper optional). Then combine the wet ingredients in a large measuring cup. Line the bottom of the baking dish with the bananas and sprinkle with half the berries.
Next, layer on half the nuts and the dry ingredients. Pour the wet mixture over the dry.
Finally, sprinkle on the remaining berries and walnuts. Bake for 25-30 minutes, although mine took 35 minutes since I used a 1 1/2 qt baking dish. Makes 6 servings. And it is AWESOME!! This recipe came from sohowsittaste.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment