12.18.2013

Overnight Oats



This is one of my favorite breakfast recipes. It was given to me by a fellow Beachbody Coach and I'm totally hooked on it. It's so easy to throw together and the ingredients are inexpensive!

In a bowl or jar with a lid, combine:
  • 1/2 C. Old fashion oats
  • 1/2 C. Almond, soy, etc milk

Let this sit overnight in your fridge.

In the morning when you are ready to eat, add to the mix:

  • 1/2 C. Cottage cheese
  • A big handful of fruit or berries
  • 1/2-1 tsp natural sweetener (agave, honey, sugar) to taste
  • Optional: sprinkle with chopped nuts for some extra crunch and a dash of cinnamon for some spice
I know, the cottage cheese is a bit of a surprise, right? But it's delicious in there! And it's a necessity to make this a complete meal with carbs AND protein. I don't always have time to cook eggs in the morning so this is a perfect way to get everything you need in one bowl.
I usually prep these at night in ball jars with some extra room, then in the morning I throw the rest of the ingredients in the jar and take my breakfast to go! I hope you enjoy this fast and easy breakfast as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment