12.16.2013

Chicken salad, all cleaned up

I don't know about you, but I struggle with lunch every day! I am usually so busy throughout the morning I don't have much time to think about lunch and before I know it, it's already 1 or 2 o'clock and I haven't eaten yet. Before I put much thought into my nutrition, I used to be a sub fanatic! Nothing was more comforting that a sub from the local deli, layered with greasy cheese and fattening mayo all loaded on a big white roll. I truly can't imagine the calorie count of one of those!! Now my lunches are much lighter and I no longer get a 2 PM food hangover!! Here's a great example of an easy, healthy lunch that you can prepare to stave off those pizza and sub temptations!

Chicken salad:

  • Four chicken breasts, cooked and shredded 
  •  Non fat Greek yogurt
  • Green onions
  • 1 avocado
  • Salt and pepper
  • Fresh lime juice
  • Finely chopped cilantro (if you like that kind of thing ;))

  

Mix together the chicken and avocado first. Add a scoop of the yogurt at a time until it is creamy enough for your liking. Add the rest of the ingredients to taste! Super easy and very delicious! Try this on a piece of Ezekiel bread toast and you've got yourself a clean and quick lunch. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment