12.27.2013

3 Ingredient Protein Pancakes

These are the easiest and healthiest pancakes I have ever made! They are my go-to when just plain old eggs don't sound appealing. Sometimes I have a hard time eating the protein I need in the morning because that usually means something heavy, and honestly, that doesn't always sound appetizing. These are perfect to satisfy your sweet tooth but are guilt free and super easy to make! :)

Ingredients:
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 small ripe banana
  • 1 TBSP flax meal (not the seeds, make sure its the meal so the seeds are broken down!)
  • Optional: 1/2 tsp vanilla, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice


First mash up the banana in a bowl. Next, add the eggs to the bowl and whip together. Finally add the flax meal and let sit while your pan heats up. I like to use coconut oil to grease the pan. Add a small amount of the oil to the pan once it's warm and pour the batter into whatever size pancakes you would like. The batter will be thinner than normal pancakes.
Don't undo all the good you just did by pouring on syrup and slathering on butter!! I like to sprinkle berries on the pancakes, the sweetness is just right!

No comments:

Post a Comment