12.18.2013

Quinoa Veggie Burgers

I grew up a vegetarian so I wasn't exposed to beef until I was in my twenties. I found it to be delicious, but it just never sat with my stomach. So although I don't have anything against beef (raised humanely), I personally don't eat it.  Veggie burgers have come a long way in the past 20 years, but unfortunately like most convenience foods, they are filled with chemicals and garbage that just isn't necessary to consume. So I've been on a mission to find an easy to make veggie burger and this guy is my winner! It's quick, easy, nutritious, filling, and kid friendly!! I stumbled across it on Pinterest and it was linked to eatingwelllivingthin.wordpress.com.




Mix together in a bowl:

  • 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa 
  • 1/2 cup mashed cooked chickpeas 
  • 2 Tbsp water + 2 Tbsp ground chia seeds or egg replacer or 1 egg
  • 1 Tbsp soy sauce OR Bragg's Liquid Aminos 
  • 1 tsp dried basil leaf 
  • 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaf 
  • 1/2 tsp gr cumin seed 
  • 1 tsp gr coriander seed 
  • 1/2 tsp paprika 
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder 
  • 4 Tbsp tapioca flour OR wheat flour 
  • Salt & pepper to taste
Form patties by hand. Spray frying pan with oil and cook on medium heat until browned on both sides. I like my burgers on an Ezekiel bun with avocado, tomato, lettuce and onion or chopped up in a salad!

No comments:

Post a Comment